"Everyone is now attached to a device of some sort. Good or Bad that is just how things are..."
Here is where the Flipped Classroom Model comes in...
We created a course to teach teachers how to set up a flipped classroom model. They can be found here:
Top 5 Things I Liked About My Hybrid Flipped Classroom Model
- There was no push back by my students. I told them this is what we are going to do for a while. They were excited to try.
- The classroom behavior improved. Those one or two class clowns wouldn't dare make a peep anymore because everyone was always busy and engaged.
- In combination with the Math Teacher Community Materials their quality of work improved 10 fold! They like technology, they want it, they expect it!
- Their questions to me became much higher level. I don't get a lot of low level questions anymore. Mastery of the materials has gone up for sure!
- They are able to work at their own pace rather than how fast I decided to talk during the class lectures. This is probably the biggest upside. They can pause, rewind, then ask me questions on top of that.
BONUS: They can do any of their work from their phones, tablets, or laptops. I can assure you nothing in their book bag is from my classroom. It is all on their device wherever they go.
Here are the Top 3 Questions I get about the Flipped Classroom Model
- Where do I get the video lessons for them to watch?
- What platform do you use to communicate with your students?
- Are there any reasons not to use the Flipped Classroom Model?
Do you use the Flipped Classroom Model?
Want access to our Full Year Geometry Curriculum??
Never create anything for your Geometry Class again! Join the Geometry Teacher Community Today!
To download the rest of the materials for our teaching tessellations lesson and get updates via email when new lessons come out simply click the image below to Get All of Our Lessons!